Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesdays with Dorie - Sweet Potato Biscuits



Okay, here's the reason I decided to join Tuesdays with Dorie this month: It was all for the sweet potato biscuits. You may recall that I made these last year after finding the recipe online (and don't miss the All-in-One Holiday Cake posted on that link - that's awesome). I'd never in my life bought a can of sweet potatoes until I tried this recipe, and then I bought two cans once a week all through the winter.



The biscuits are particularly good if you are serving any kind of pork, but they're also good for breakfast, or when you want something juuuuuuust a little sweet. And you can fool yourself into thinking they're good for you because they have fiber and Vitamin A and beta carotene from the sweet potato, so really, why not eat two? In fact, in the spirit of eating two, I do tend to cut these out on the small size. They don't rise very much so smaller biscuits look better proportioned to me.



Thank you, Erin of Prudence Pennywise, for picking one of my best-loved fall recipes. I can't wait to see how everyone else's sweet potatoes turned out!

7 comments:

Romaine said...

I like your idea about cutting them smaller. Yours look to have turned out good.

Amanda said...

I'm seeing a pattern, I guess they just don't rise very much t all, so maybe mine were fine LOL!

Flourchild said...

My edges are scalloped too. Nice looking SP biscuits!

TeaLady said...

Oh, those came out great.

Melissa said...

Always good to have a tasty good for you treat, eh? I love this group because it makes me try things I never would have dreamt of baking. :)

g-girl said...

ooooh yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!! sweet potato biscuits! now this one i'm definitely going to have to try! your biscuits look like sweet potato flowers. :)

Windansea said...

They're pretty good, g!!! Def try them!!!!