Monday, January 01, 2007
I thought I'd have a picture of an FO for today's post, some socks I'm working on for Mary. But no, I have the cold from hell, and I can barely knit - it feels like I'm underwater.
So instead, a picture from Christmas day of Fiona (knitter of Batman hats) and myself, wearing the very incredible wool wrap I'd just received from my sister not minutes before.
Also, some resolutions. We begin with the tried and true, and segue into the more knitterly:
1. Eat healthily, exercise, lose 20 (or grow three inches).
2. Say yes to things that bring joy, and no to anything soul-sucking.
3. Continue with all things creative, without guilt - remember that creativity breeds creativity, and that it spills over onto other areas of life.
And finally, my extremely liberal, forgiving, and, some may say, self-indulgent version of Knit from Your Stash:
1. No stash bloat - I will only buy a ball if I knit a ball out first.
2. Gifts of yarn are always okay - anything less would appear ungrateful and be less than gracious.
3. Books are okay.
4. Tools are okay.
5. Yarn for a project someone asks me for specifically is okay, as is yarn to finish a project, and I'd better buy an extra skein just in case.
6. Say I travel to a place I've never been, and there's yarn there...that's vacation yarn. It's like vacation dessert. It's allowed.
7. If I fall off the wagon, so what? It's knitting, for crying out loud. But I'm going to try to stick to the one-out, one-in rule.
Also, this isn't a resolution, as such, but I'm going to try to designate a day to work on UFOs and problem children: Fix-it Fridays - it could just as easily be Weave-in Wednesdays or Mend-it Mondays. The point is, not every day will be Start Something Saturday. What if there's nothing to fix or finish? HAHAHAHAhahahahahha.....oh. Sorry. Lost my head there.
Happy New Year to all.