Tuesday, February 20, 2007

When Will I Learn?


Above, the before picture.

Below, the after.



This isn't the natural order of things, but it's been that kind of day.

I ran out of this Kureyon about two-thirds of the way through this scarf, which wasn't even very fun to knit. Said scarf then sat in a drawer for six months next to finished objects, where I'm sure it was teased mercilessly. Yarn can be cruel.

Now look at this:



I ran out of Kersti 7 rows too soon - can you believe that? This is the purly bump side of the Falling Leaves shawl from Lavish Lace. It will block flat in a diamond pattern, just as soon as I get more Koigu.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, but the scarf was so pretty!

Windansea said...

It's okay - it's halfway to being a fake isle hat now!! Lydia

g-girl said...

oh no! i agree with melissa, the scarf was indeed pretty but if it's halfway to being a fake isle hat, that's even better! can't wait to see it. the shawl looks amazing! I can't wait to see it when it's all done. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor, poor you, I can *so* feel what you're going through! Right now I'm battling with not having enough yarn for the cardi I'm doing, and it drives me totally insane - argh! I agree, the scarf was so pretty - but hey, if it's going to be a fake isle soon, then it's going to be even more awesome!

Windansea said...

ha...g-girl, I decided to do the fake isle because I read about yours!! Lydia

Windansea said...

Hi dipsy!! I know, I've been reading about your cardi - it's such a bad feeling to run out!! Lydia

g-girl said...

I had a feeling that's where you got the idea!!