Wednesday, September 02, 2009

August Recap

I ended up hating this dress - it was a portable sauna - but here we are at the Jewel Ball.

Now that September is upon us and the normal schedule of events resumed, I think it's time for me to get back to the blog, don't you? The Jewel Ball has come and gone (with all the craziness that brings), I've gone to New York for a few days of R&R, and now I'm getting back down to business.

Lawnchair sculpture in Times Square, held together by zipties, my favorite all-purpose fasteners!

Fiona has gone back to Bennington, Anna's begun her senior year (check back later for college craziness, application anxiety, and other general institution-of-higher-learning-inspired afflictions), and Mary is now a 6th grader. All of which, sad to say, makes me a relic of the pleistocene and all the more susceptible to the marketing claims of every anti-aging product on the planet.

"You can leave now, Mommy!"

There's very little knitting going on at the moment because it's hard to get excited about wooly garments when you live in the tinderbox that is SoCal in the fall, but I do have a little food to share in coming posts, cuz a girl's gotta eat, after all.

1 comment:

g-girl said...

college craziness again? teehee. mary looks so mature with her hair down--i think this is the first i've seen on your blog with her hair down instead of in a ponytail! what a cool sculpture!