Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Swatching a Mystery



Swatch? Me? Well, yes, this time, because the swatch was more interesting than a 4" stockinette square of unrelenting boredom. I swatched this beautiful green Koigu up for a mystery shawl KAL I joined: You sign up, and then you get part of the Mystic Light pattern each week...the project unfolds without you really knowing how it will turn out until it's all done. Click here if you want to join in.

I've never participated in a mystery KAL before (although some of my knitting becomes myterious - check out the little circled portion of my swatch below where I mysteriously switched the order of the YO & K2tog...smooth, huh? At least it's only a swatch.) but it seems like it'll be fun.

2 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

The swatch is really pretty! I'm always tempted to join this KAL, but never do.

Anonymous said...

I agree with wool winder, the swatch IS really pretty! Is that the Mystery KAL hosted by Goddess Knits? I love her designs!