Saturday, January 28, 2006

Something for a Piratess


I had to make this scarf simply because Fiona's friend has a very piratey outfit with velveteen pants in a rust color with a band of satin along the side seams. Knitted out of Knitpicks Suri, it is a wonderful alpaca blend that is warm and fluffy, and reminded me of a pirate's ruffly shirt. It used not even a whole skein, so I have another skein and a bit to make something else out of. I may repeat this scarf with the ruffle and all, but without the dropped stitch ladders.

I had to do a provisional cast-on for this scarf, which was the most complicated part. The rest was easy peasy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Knitting is beautiful. I'm tagging you. Congratulations. Answer these questions on your blog. if you choose to or pass them on.
Four jobs you have held:



Four places you have lived:



Four vacations you have taken:



Four vehicles you have owned:



Four bloggers you want to tag:

Knittinreed said...

Love the ruffle!! and th color. Nice work.