Friday, January 27, 2006

Manos Cotton Stria = Soft


Oh my gosh, this cotton is so soft. I love Manos kettle-dyed wool, but this is the first time I've tried the cotton. I bought just one hank of this summery blue and knitted it up into a little baby cap. The yarn softened up as I knit it, resulting in a perfect summer fabric. I also loved the knubby texture of the yarn. I had enough left over for some matching booties, which I'll work on next, and I'll definitely buy more of this, maybe for a small sweater.

I also got a delivery from Knitpicks today, so the world is my knitting oyster right now!! I've already cast on for a ruffled scarf and will start a baby sweater for my niece next.

In the middle of all of this, I'm having trouble dealing with my book club book. We're reading Shantaram, which is basically a doorstop with words. I'm about a quarter through the nearly 1000 pages now, all very descriptive, language-y pages. Don't get me wrong - this guy's a great writer and the story is is fascinating, but 1000 pages of what is basically assigned reading (since it's BOOK CLUB) sort of chafes. And it eats into my knitting time!!

No comments: