Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Woman on the Edge


Remember how I'm thinking about what I'm going to edge the Tomten in? I'm about halfway through the hoodie portion, so the question of a contrasting yarn is going to come up very soon - probably today - because I'd like to start the sleeves in a few rows of the contrast.

I've already looked at the available Malabrigo in my neighborhood, and I've looked through my stash - nada. So yesterday I took myself over to Knitting in La Jolla and wandered through the yarn with the Tomten-on-Needles held out before me like a divining rod.

I came up with two possibilities: the Manos you see above in a beautiful orange-yellow hue, and the jewel-like colorway here (which I've used before and really like):



Later today, if I get through the hood, I will add a few rows of the jewel-toned Manos to the beginning edge of the sleeves to see how it goes with the body color. If it works, voila. If not, I'll frog and try the yellow-orange.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Ooh, I love the jewel Manos. Can't wait to see what it looks like!

Windansea said...

It's so beautiful, isn't it? I've been cooking instead of knitting, but hopefully I'll be able to try it and post a picture soon! Lydia

Anonymous said...

I'm smitten with that jewels colourway. Gorgeous!

Kristine said...

I'm knitting a hat with that jewel tone Manos right now, just bought it today and I love it! What fabulous colors! Good luck, can't wait to see the finished product!